The Straight Outta Compton star who played the infamous Eazy E, Jason Mitchell Signs On to Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit Riot Drama!!!
Get all the details on Jason Mitchell new casting gig…
CelebNMovies247.com has learned that Jason Mitchell, best known for his portrayal as the late rapper Eazy-E in “Straight Outta Compton,” has joined the untitled drama about the 1967 Detroit riots directed by Kathryn Bigelow.
Here is what we’ve learned!
- The film is currently in production and also features John Boyega, Will Poulter, Jacob Latimore, Algee Smith, Ben O’Toole, Jack Reynor, Kaitlyn Dever, and Hannah Murray.
- The film will cover the five-day riots that swept the Motor City in 1967, and explore issues of systemic racism in the city.
- The script has been penned by Mark Boal. Bigelow is producing the film alongside Boal, Annapurna’s Megan Ellison and Matthew Budman, and Colin Wilson. Greg Shapiro is the executive producer.
- No studio is attached to the Detroit project yet, but it is planned for a 2017 release — which is the 50th anniversary of the riots.
As for, Mark Boal + Kathryn Bigelow?
- Boal and Bigelow film credits included “The Hurt Locker” and “Zero Dark Thirty.”
- “The Hurt Locker” won Best Picture at the 2010 Academy Awards and also brought Bigelow the Best Director Oscar, the first and only time that award has gone to a woman.
You can see jason Mitchell’s in Warner Bros.’ “Kong: Skull Island,” scheduled to hit theaters in March 2017. He is represented by UTA, Authentic Talent and Literary Management, and Ziffren Brittenham LLP.