Disney has big plans for their Star Wars Extended Universe! Since Walt Disney purchased Lucasfilm and all the rights to Star Wars in 2012, there are more movies to storm the box office!
It appears that there will be at least a dozen more Star Wars movies on the way…
CelebNMovies247.com has learned via Disney CEO Bob Iger that the studio has plans for 12 movies before 2030.
We’ve already experienced Star Wars: The Force Awakens, went back in time to see what happened before a New Hope kicked off the phenominom, with Rogue One. And now, Star Wars VIII will be hitting theaters in December. Han Solo will follow shortly and now we are hearing 7 more films are green-lit. There is already a fifth film is already being prepped. Apparently, we’ll be getting at least one new Star Wars movie a year until audiences stop paying to see these movies.
We are NOT mad at this one bit. We grew up on Star Wars, so we love this!
Iger spoke at a recent conference where he revealed [via The Hollywood Reporter]:
“We’re starting talk about what could happen after Episode IX. About what could be another decade-and-a-half of Star Wars stories.”
“When we bought Lucasfilm, we were going to make three films — Episodes VII, VIII and IX. We had to deal with tragedy at the end of 2016. Carrie appears throughout VIII. We are not changing VIII to deal with her passing. Her performance remains as it is in VIII. In Rogue One, we had some digital character. We are not doing that with Carrie.”
In December 2015, Star Wars fever was at an all-time high as the first movie in ten years, the first in thirty to include the original cast, hit theaters. Since there was so much love for the new trilogy, it opened the door and Disney is ready to flood the box office. This December, Star Wars: The Last Jedi hits the big screen with Han Solo following in May, 2018.
Star Wars 9 will be a year behind for an extravagant summer 2019 release. But what happens beyond that? Disney isn’t letting anyone in on the secret just yet.[rpi]
Here is what is on the table for the Star Wars Extended Universe:
- A standalone Boba Fett movie was supposed to follow Rogue One, but it fell apart after Josh Trank was fired following his bad behavior on the set of the Fantastic Four reboot.
- We have a feeling the standalone Boba Fett movie will now follow the Han Solo film. #CrossingFingers
- It isn’t known what the third spin-off will be, but we do know that it is scheduled for release in 2020.
- The other solo film that is said to be in the works is the Obi-Wan Kenobi movie.
- There is also the possibilities that some of the newer characters introduced in these later films, such as Cassian Andor and K-2SO could get solo films.
In addition to the big screen, there is season 4 of Star Wars Rebels on the way. Lucasfilm will announced a new animated series at Star Wars Celebration. Plus there will be a Star Wars live action TV series, but that has been in talks for over a decade.
We will keep you posted as new crumbs spill on the studio floor.