It’s finally happening, The newest addition, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is under construction at Disneyland in Anaheim and at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla!
On Saturday, Bob Chapek, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts’ chairman, unveiled the official name of the 14-acre land Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Land. Read on…
CelebNMovies247.com has your inside look at what is coming to our favorite place on the planet, Disneyland.
Construction for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge began in 2016, it slated for completion in 2019.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Land looks amazing, and we’ve heard that along with the announcement at D23 there will be more on future rides and attractions at Disney’s theme parks around the world during the Parks and Resorts panel.
If you are a Disneyland fanatic then the D23 Expo fan convention at the Anaheim Convention Center is the place for you.
Earlier in the week, the Disney Imagineers presented a 50-foot-wide detailed model of the land and outlined some features to media and fans.
Here is the description of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Land:
“Galaxy’s Edge, described as a planet on the Outer Rim in “Star Wars” lore, is the largest themed expansion in Disneyland’s 60-plus year history. It’ll sit on the northern edge of the park with three entrances and feature a lush forest, rocky terrain, and buildings inspired by architecture in the “Star Wars” films.
Visitors will be able to pilot the Millennium Falcon ride and become fully immersed in a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. They’ll be able to drink blue milk at a cantina similar to the famed Mos Eisley Cantina and rub shoulders with bounty hunters, droids, aliens, and other inhabitants that will populate the land.” – OC Register
We can’t wait.
We have also learned about these cool additions being added to Disney Park Resorts:
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway” the first ride based on Mickey Mouse in Walt Disney World. The new Mickey Mouse ride will allow guests into the movie screen and into Goofy’s train.
- Ratatoulle is coming to Walt Disney World in a new area at Epcot. Guests will shrink to the size of Remy and ride through a kitchen.
- Guardians of the Galaxy ride is coming to Epcot with a all new design.
- Tron ride is heading to the Magic Kingdom in WDW.
- Minnie Van, an uber like system, and a Disney skyliner gondola “that gives a bird’s eye view of the resort.”
- New Beauty and the Beast musical for Disney Cruise lines.
- Toy Story Land will open next summer at Walt Disney World and Shanghai Disneyland.
- Paradise Pier at California Adventure is getting a facelift. It will be re-themed as Pixar Pier “It’s going to be the home of Pixar characters.”
- Spider man and Avengers will join Guardians of the Galaxy ride at California Adventure.
Photo: Jeff Gritchen, Orange County Register/SCNG